One fashion that is slowly leaving the Chapel Hill scene is sundresses. This widely popular style has dominated over the last few months, but as the weather gets colder and the precipitation increases, there are fewer and fewer sun dresses on the street. Lets take this time to reminisce the immense popularity of sundresses and all their different styles.
So we can start off by most popular style of sundresses I have seen over the summer: the baby doll. The baby doll style can be explained as tight fitting around the chest and flowing out. It is featured as both a v-neck and crew cut. Something about this style makes everyone love it. Maybe it is the fact that it flows away from the body, so all the insecurities are covered. I must say it is a style that looks good on a lot of people. I have seen many baby dolls worn out to brunches and just to a shopping trip, but the style has also been featured in more formal occasions. I have seen a baby doll style at semi-formals and cocktails. It is a favorite for tailgating. It is perfect for the summer because it is short and light but the style has also been transform to fit the fall. I have seen many dresses that are 3-quarter sleeve or long sleeve that has a baby doll style worn with boots.
Another summer dress style that I have always wished to “pull off” is the long dress. I see so many long dresses in all types: tank top, strapless, halter. I just wish I had the figure to make them look as good as they do on some people. It is more of a boho-chic approach on the summer dress. Because of this, it limits the amount of people that can look good in this style. I have learned, by looking through the streets of Chapel Hill, that tall people pull off this look the best. The long dress sometimes over powers people who are too short. I have also seen various patterns on long dresses. Though there are many patterned short dresses, a long dress gives a different feel. The long dresses also go very well with earthy toned jewelry and other accessories. This again refers to the boho-chic style carried by long dresses.
The last type of sundresses I will touch on is the wrap dress. These dresses are usually a little more formal, but I have been seeing a lot of wrap dresses. The wrap dresses that I have seen during the past summer are very structured. They are very much used for brunches and also meetings. They are very commonly just neutral colors with more intricate embroidering. The dresses are very cute on many different bodies because it brings the focus to the smallest part of a women’s body: the waist.
All these different types of sundresses are now leaving to make way for all the new, great fashions of the fall. So bring out all your sweaters and jeans, because it’s time for fall!
1 comment:
I must say I was a huge fan of sundresses this year as well. It works for a lot of different body types are you said, and it highlights all the things girls these days want highlighted. I really fell in love with baby doll style dresses because of how comfortable they were, and like you mentioned HOW THEY GO WITH ANYTHING! Any occasion it would be a no brainer to just slip on a dress and head out the door. I do agree about the long dresses. As cute as I think they are I find it does work better on taller girls. Some are just too long for us shorter girls, and it just doesn't work that well. SOME do work though, those are just harder to find. I know I will be pulling out something to cover me up like a warm coat so once I hit my destination I can show off my cute sundress. [Who keeps houses/restaurants/classes cold during the winter anyways? No one does. :)] so until the snow begins to fall, there's always hope for a cute enough sundress. :)
Post a Comment