So as the weather is getting a little chillier, I am seeing many more girls wearing jeans. There are of course the regular flare jeans that are the most popular, but I am also seeing a lot of skinny jeans. And the girls wearing skinny jeans are always look so stylish. While regular jeans can be worn both casually with a plain t-shirt or dressed up with heels, I feel like skinny jeans always look like they are a little more dressed up and look great with flats or heels. It is something that only a few people can pull off. If you are bigger on bottom half of your body compared to your top half, skinny jeans might not be the best look. I have seen so many skinny celebrities and models pull the skinny jeans off so well, but more and more I am seeing girls at Chapel Hill making them look so good.
So what do skinny jeans go well with? I have seen baby doll tops and blouses that look so adorable with them. I have also seen just a plain t-shirt with skinny jeans. I feel like a very petite body is required to pull off a look like that. Most skinny jeans are dark and not distressed at all. This might be a reason that the skinny jeans look a lot more formal than regular jeans too. Because the jeans are more than casual, the top accompanying the bottom should also be on the same level of formal attire.
It is not only the to that accompanies the skinny jeans. There are also the shoes. I have seen a lot of skinny jean outfits, but one that I would never like to see again is skinny jeans and Clarks Wallabees. Why mix preppy and skinny jeans? That just does not work. Flats, heels and flip-flops look so cute with skinny jeans. I especially love the skinny jeans with pumps combination. It just looks so cute!
I feel like every time I see someone wearing skinny jeans, I also see them with the perfect jewelry. This is something I am so jealous of. I wish I could style jewelry with my outfits, but I am so bad at it! Maybe it is because skinny jean wearers are the ones who know how to dress themselves and know what they are talking about, when it comes to fashion.
The people that wear skinny jeans also seem to always look so well and put together. They always have a certain way they carry themselves. They seem very confident with their shoulders up high. This confidence and mannerism makes the clothes look that much better, because the girl’s wearing them feel as if they look good. This is something that every girl should have. Exuding confidence will make you look so much better to others, and something that I have heard guys are very attracted to. Now don’t go around thinking you are the shit, but being confident in your skin and your amazing clothes is a good thing.
So this skinny jean phenomena…. What is the name of the style in which you wear skinny jeans? It is definitely a pop culture that was started by the celebrities in L.A. but it has now caught up with so many girls around the world. How do you guys feel about it? Let me know (:
3 comments:
I must agree that I see a lot more skinny jeans than I did a year ago. I personally love skinny jeans, just not on me. I always try them on when I go shopping but never buy them because I feel as if I’ll never wear them. They just seem really out of my comfort zone, though they do exactly what style magazines say are good for me. And that is creating curves. Since they are tighter up on top only to get skinny at the bottom, they create curvy hips and an ass, which I lack. After reading your blog, you make me regret not buying all those skinny jeans I tried on! And like you, walking around campus, I notice that the majority of the girls who are dressed up for classes or for the night out are either wearing some sort of dress or skinny jeans. It is definitely a must have in a girl’s closet. I think I may take some of your advice as well as mental images of cute outfits paired with skinny jeans and just go out of my comfort zone and finally purchase some skinny jeans.
Girl I have to totally agree with everything that you said in this blog. From people who can't wear skinny jeans to how very fashionable it is now. Personally, I wear skinny jeans like 4 days out of the week. It is almost the only type of jeans that I own now, well at least that I wear. lol.. However, I would have to say that in my opinion flares are no longer the most popular type of jeans to wear, skinny jeans have taken over... They are very fashionable, whether you want to wear them with pumps or sneakers. If you fashionable at all, you can pull it off.. And girl do not even worry about the jewelry thing; it is definitely not as important as you think... Good blog girl!
~Lucky~
I like tunics and cardigans with skinny jeans. Boots go really well too. Really, you can wear just about anything with skinnies.
Post a Comment