The weather is getting chillier and the precipitation? Definitely increasing. Though I hate walking to class in the rain, (I mean who really does, when their hair is going to get messed up?) I love the fact that I can put on a pair of brightly colored rain boots/wellies/galoshes that make my outfit look so much cuter. All the girls, and even some boys, seem to be investing in nice pair of rain boots. It’s something you only need one pair of and every time it rains, it is so useful. I know I absolutely hate when the bottom of my jeans get wet. And once the bottom gets wet, the water rides up and soon the bottom 6 inches of your jeans are soaked! By putting your jeans in a pair of cute rain boots you can avoid the wetness on the bottom of your pants and look cute, at the same time!
There are many styles of rain boots. I have seen men wear hideous puke green color rain boots that should never be own again but girls usually wear very cute galoshes. Though I have seen the original yellow rain boots, I am personally a fan of the patterned boots. The patterns range from flowers to animal print. The boots are also brightly colored. The most common color I have encountered has to be pink. The bright pink galoshes are everywhere on campus! But they do add a flare to any outfit.
There are many stores selling rain boots. The one that inspired me to invest in my first pair of wellies? J. Crew. They seem to always have the cutest designs on their rain boots. They also look so good with standard J. Crew outfits. The rain boots at J. Crew are a little pricey, but you can always opt to make a quick stop to the local target for a cute pair of rain boots for a lot less. A lot of high fashion designers are also creating galoshes. Burberry has made a very cute and classic pair, but they are on the expensive side.
Jeans and rain boots are a common outfit, but lately I have seen many dresses paired with rain boots. It is something I never expected would go together, but it seems to look incredibly cute and comfortable. I have also seen many girls wear rain boots and running shorts. When it is really pouring hard, that seems to be the best idea. Because of the material running shorts are made out of, it dries so fast. This is a very convenient option for a day in which all you need to do is get to class and back without impressing anyone.
Looking at the girls who do wear rain boots, it is usually the preppy girls that were last mentioned in my country club attire blog. They seem to always pull out the galoshes when it rains. It is a fashion statement that was manufactured by preppy stores, such as J. Crew so it is obvious why it has become a statement for the preppy crowd. The rain boot phenomenon is spreading all across the campus and adding a bright touch to all rainy days!
1 comment:
I do have to say that it has rained far more than I expected. Living only two hours away who knew that the climate changes would be so drastic? Maybe it is global warming, but whatever the case may be it's a nice reason to buy yet another accessory. Having rain boots sure does seem to be the logical way to go when it's raining outside. No use not only getting the bottoms of your pants wet, but it sucks how it ruins rainbows. [As in the sandals/flip flops] Not to mention, we walk so much more here than back home I'm sure. Breezeways usually blocked out most rain puddles, and here we're constantly uncovered by any form of protection. Us vs. the rain. This is our way of somewhat looking forward to rainy days so we can bust out those cut rain boots to wear. It's only a plus that they're cute because most importantly they are very useful. Chapel Hill fashion has to include rain boots you're so right about that. :)
Post a Comment